Happy Sat-urday Stackers,
Let's get right to it.
Give thanks this weekend, stackers!
- Bold, the company behind a bitcoin collateralized credit card with bitcoin rewards, will be doing an AMA Thursday December 1st at 10a CT. Come ask Bold anything!
- Is El Salvador's president Bukele a dictator? Native Salvadoran, @BitcoinSanity, shares their perspective in How and Why They're Gaslighting You About Supporting El Salvador & Bitcoin. IMHO making Bitcoin legal tender rather than establishing another fiat currency is an awfully weird choice for an alleged dictator, but what do I know.
- Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the most dominant lightning implementation of them all? LND makes up 91.17%, followed by CLN with 7.01% and Eclair with 1.82%, according to research conducted by @heisenberg in Proportion of Lightning node implementations. Using the advertised cltv_deltas of nodes on the network, whose default value varies among implementations, @heisenberg was able to deduce which node is which implementation, and give a kind of demography of the lightning network.
- Public key authentication is nothing new, but using it for website login, as with LNURL Auth, is under-explored. LNURL Auth is a protocol that allows you to login to services using your lightning wallet's key-pair and is supported by many lightning apps. @heisenberg, in yet another top post, explains LNURL Auth in depth in Lightning authentication (LNURL-Auth).
- Without a digitally native currency, digital goods are paid for with "surrogate" currencies as @dergigi explains in The Problem of Using Attention as a Currency. Bitcoin allows us to replace inefficient surrogates with real money, and while it's early, many of us believe we are at the beginning of a Bitcoin Big Bang of internet applications taking advantage of this fact.
- Lightning is hitting puberty as industry as @roy, CEO of Breez, observes in The Maturation of Lightning: Growing Up by Going Vertical. @roy suggests we are exiting an AOL-like phase of Lightning and entering a phase of increasing diversification and specialization among applications. Enjoy the precambrian days of Lightning while you can!
- Full Lightning Node in the Web Browser Demo
- Release Bitcoin Core 24.0 · bitcoin/bitcoin
- Are you going to run full-rbf?
- Pics of my new Bitcoin ⚡Node ...operated by LEGO® ”Clockwork” robots ;-)
- Thoughts on Kevin Rooke podcast
- I am hodlonaut, taco pleb and editor/publisher of Citadel21 - AMA
- Jon Atack AMA
- I'm Michael Atwood, founder of Oshi & organizer of Austin Bitcoin Club. AMA.