Today I want to talk about my journey from my fiat job to starting Austin Bitcoin Club, Thriller Bitcoin, Pleb Lab and producing for TFTC. This time last year was when I purchased the domain name AustinBitcoinClub.com then everything changed shortly after.
In the spring of 2021 I was working a full time job for a local MSP doing System Administration work. Basically rolling out a standard Cisco/Microsoft stack. At the time I use to dream about creating a Austin centric bitcoin club where people could hang out and help onboard citizens into bitcoin. Fast forward to Bitcoin Conference in Miami. I met so many Bitcoiners and got really inspired to go back to Austin and build the dream I had. So I started looking for a co-founder who would be committed as much as I would.
Enter Kyle Murphy. I met him in Austin and got along with him right away. We both wanted the same things in a bitcoin club and we wanted to be different. Shortly after we meetup with Keyan who I met in Miami and started Pleb Lab.
As a creative, "The Win Without Pitching Manifesto" helped almost entirely. It gave me the confidence to believe that I had what it took creatively. Confidence really is the biggest obstacle when trying to punch above your weight. Once you gain it can be a tremendous ally to accomplishing anything.
1. The Win Without Pitching Manifesto
2. Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
3. The Innovation Stack: Building an Unbeatable Business One Crazy Idea at a Time
4. The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph
5. Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
6. The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups
7. The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?
8. Influence, New and Expanded: The Psychology of Persuasion
The last two were gift from a friend.
8. Your Next Five Moves: Master the Art of Business Strategy
9. How to Be a Power Connector: The 5+50+100 Rule for Turning Your Business Network into Profits
During that transition to starting ABC and building Pleb Lab. I had to put my passion project Thriller Bitcoin on the back burner. Will save that story for another day. These are the books that I read to get everything off the ground. After a certain point I realized I just need to go out there and do. Only so much reading can take you so far.