Happy Sat-urday Stackers,
Time is precious and so are you, stackers!
We have 2 AMAs scheduled this week
- Steve Lee, lead of Spiral, will be doing an AMA Wednesday September 14th at 10a CT. Spiral is the leading source of Bitcoin development funding funding projects like Lightning Dev Kit, Bitcoin Dev Kit, and Bitcoin Design and provides mucho organizational and developer grants. Come ask Steve anything!
- Purse, which allows anything on Amazon to be purchased with Bitcoin, will be doing an AMA Tuesday September 13th at 10a CT. Purse launched in 2014 and was one of the first companies to enable buying things with Bitcoin and recently launched Lighting support.
- Ray Marceau, CEO of Purse, already posted the AMA so get your questions in now and he'll come back to answer them Tuesday
- Max Webster, founder of Hivemind Ventures and rapper, proposes How to Disrupt Google. Sentiment suggests Google, like all generational monopolies, has bloated into not doing its job very well. Max suggests there's an opportunity to use bitcoin to rank content better than Google by somehow associating bitcoin's scarce digital value with content.
- Dillion created a Dalle-2 image generator powered by Lightning. Provide a Dalle-2 prompt, pay the 1000 sat invoice, and receive Dalle-2 images. What I find remarkable is how private, fast, low commitment, and cheap Lightning makes Describe Photo.
|@cointastical: Stacker News To The Moon!||me: wizard feeding children orange pills at sunset|
- Email, a nearly singular example of a working and widely adopted decentralized messaging protocol, has for common uses become rather centralized. As chronicled in After self-hosting my email for 23 years I gave up. The oligopoly has won. Big Email practices extreme prejudice against email self-hosters. Why? Spam.
- Block 752868 was mined by a solo miner, earning 6.35 bitcoin in subsidy + fees. According to people who somehow know these things, the miner succeeded with 270TH which under less extrordinary circumstances is expected to mine a block only once every 17 years. 🎰🎉
- Anigma is a telegram clone built on nostr, the glowing and youthful decentralized messaging protocol. As a mere HTML file and nostr as the only backend, Anigma features instant onboarding, group chat, channels, encrypted direct messages, lightning tipping, and more.
- Bitcoin Lightning on WordPress with the Alby Plugin
- In West Africa orange-pilling is now a monetary decolonial grassroot gesture
- A map showing you the places where you can spend sats
- MicroStrategy Raising $500M To Buy More Bitcoin
- deezy: effects of going zero fee on my routing node
- We are the co-founders of STARBACKR - AMA
view all of this week's top posts
- Mobile Engineer \ Fedi \ Remote
- Write your El Salvador story for our website! \ Escape to El Salvador \ El Salvador or Remote
- LN Full Stack Project
Main guy who works on Stacker News