Happy Sat-urday Stackers,
I haven't had any cute notes to add for awhile ... I was recently given a citrine rock in the shape of a pyramid. Apparently, it's supposed to make me better at manifesting my will. Is it working?
Be (or give) a rock to someone this weekend, stackers!
- Casey Rodarmor, inventor of Ordinals, host of the Hell Money Podcast and SF Bit Devs, and fun twitter follow, will be doing an AMA Wednesday Jan 18th at 1p CT.
- Is LND (Lightning Labs) ruining the Lighting Network? Probably not but given their dominance they could. @Krutus argues LL isn't prioritizing compatibility and collaboration with other implementations and is motivated to increase switching costs.
- Max Webster is betting big on nostr. Citing nostr's recent growth and permission-less design, Max foresees four company categories being built on nostr: relays and resources, identity, clients and apps, and search and discovery. Bonus: nostr will help take Bitcoin mainstream.
- @gandalf21 built a library and web interface for the Cashu ecash wallet and mint. It's pretty, too.
- nostr has many Nostr Improvement Possibilities (NIPs), some more voluminous than others. In an effort to efficiently explore her NIPs, I asked ChatGPT to summarize them.
- Fountain 0.6 is out featuring enhancements to the activity feed & UI/UX, a fiat onramp via MoonPay, and appears to now be using Zebedee as a custodial wallet provider.
- Atomic Multi-Path Payments and Private Channels - some thoughts
- Virunga National Park saved by Bitcoin mining.
- Comparing “web5” protocols (Nostr, Holepunch, Bluesky, Synonym, etc.)
- I created a little tool to recommend channel partners for your ⚡️ node.
- [bitcoin-dev] OP_VAULT: a new vault proposal
- Jeff Booth, the author of The Price of Tomorrow and GP at Ego Death Capital, did an AMA. We learn why Jeff chose Madeira as an additional home base, what happens if the FED continues to increase interest rates, how to get a job in Bitcoin, his thoughts on whether competition will evolve into collaboration, and more!
- Alex Leishman, CEO/CTO at River, did an AMA. We learn about how River earns trust by giving users control, the challenges of non-custodial mobile wallets, his thoughts on KYC, what happens to USD stored on River if Silvergate fails, and more!
- SN release: deletes 😱, link stuff, and post duplicate stuff
- Stacker News: Why can't I delete my own posts? Please let us delete posts!
view all of this week's top posts
Top promoted jobs
- Senior Full Stack Engineer \ Synota \ Remote
- Senior Rust Applications & Frameworks Engineer \ Foundation \ Remote
- Project & Operations Manager \ Foundation \ Remote
A guy who works on Stacker News