Happy Sat-urday Stackers,
What did you get done this week, stackers?
We have 3 AMAs scheduled for this week!
- The team from Bolt Fun, Johns and Ed, will be doing an AMA Monday October 3rd at 10a CT. Bolt Fun is a learning portal for Lightning builders, and October 12 - November 28 is hosting the Legends of Lightning hackathon with an impressive 3 BTC in prizes. Come ask Johns and Ed anything!
- Nik Bhatia, author of Layered Money and Adjunct Professor of Finance at USC Marshall, will be doing an AMA Tuesday October 4th at 10a CT. Come ask Nik anything!
- Dennis Reimann, full-time maintainer of BTC Pay Server, will be doing an AMA Thursday October 6th at 10a CT. In addition to maintaining BTC Pay Server, Dennis also co-hosts Einundzwanzig and contributes to both JAM and RaspiBlitz. Come ask Dennis anything!
- Strike raised $90m, $80m, or $93m, depending on which source you trust, led by Ten31 joined by a few university endowments. Continuing its push to displace Visa and Mastercard, Strike will use the money to partner with major retailers, and enters the rarefied air of near-unicorn Bitcoin startups.
- Swan, the popular Bitcoin-only exchange, acquired Specter which makes the FOSS self-custody software Specter Desktop and Specter Firmware. According to Swan, the acquisition will help it provide self-custody solutions to its customers.
- Lightning Labs, the company behind the popular Lightning node implementation LND among other things, made its first Taro software release, a base layer Taro daemon. The daemon allows you to mint Taro assets in a Bitcoin UTXO and transfer them on the base layer, the first step to transferring Taro assets on Lightning.
- Bitcoin Core v24.0 release candidate is ready for testing. The testing guide requests tests be performed for IBD, wallet restoration and settings persistence from the GUI, transient addresses for I2P outbounds, and other changes.
- Microstrategy is hiring Lightning engineers for some kind of Lightning oriented SaaS platform "providing enterprises with innovative solutions to cyber-security challenges and enabling new eCommerce use-cases."
- Distributed Charge - GRID
- AMA - Danny Diekroeger (Deezy Lightning)
- I'm Daniel Berezovsky, co-founder of sMiles. AMA ⚡
- Show SN: usdebt.wtf
- What is the most important issue to solve in LN?
- SN release: greeter mode
- SN release: make jobs great again
- Meta SN: Should we raise posting costs?
- Question about stacker.news account privacy
- Knowledge Graph Prototype Tester \ Sphinx \ Remote
- LN/Bitcoin developer: Backend to Mobile Wallet \ Anon \ Remote
- Writer and Content Creation Lead \ Alby \ Remote
- Jr Frontend Engineer \ Geyser \ Remote